Monday, November 3, 2008

breaking up with my second girlfriend

a random memory that visited me as a dream last night ... in september 1983 i went back to simon's rock college for my sophomore year and then my girlfriend from the previous semester came into my dorm room ... a very short, politically-obsessed Jewish girl named Rachel Gordon .. i had talked to her on the phone a number of times during the summer but hadn't seen her; and had gotten a bit annoyed with her over the summer, probably not for any good reason (we never fought or argued or anything as she was a mellow person; but i think i felt more strongly toward her than she did toward me, which was the root of my annoyance) ... anyway she came into the room and i just stared at her while she talked, and I refused to say anything ... not because I was trying to be obnoxious; everything just seemed too complicated and i couldn't find any suitable words ... so eventually she left and I never have talked to her since!!!

No comments: